Asthma is a very common condition affecting around 2 crores of the population in India and around 33 crores in whole world level. The disability and premature death from asthma is greatest in children from the age group 6-14 and elderly of age72-78 . In asthma the bronchial tubes narrow and this makes it more difficult to breathe.
Causes of asthma
- Allergies – substances that causes allergies are called allergens – the common allergen are like dust mites, pollen, molds, pet dander, rodents etc
- Respiratory infections like common cold, flu, sorethroat also triggers asthma
- Exercises also induces asthma but not in all cases
- Change of weather or exposure to cold weather
- Many medication also triggers asthma
- Emotional factors anger, fear, excitement, laughter, crying also triggers asthma in some cases
- Air pollution like smoke, dust, smog, strong fumes, wood fire
- Many food allergens like milk, peanut, egg also causes asthmatic attack
- Other factors like Hormonal changes during menstrual cycle, reflux disorders also triggers asthma
Pathophysiology of asthma:
The allergen initiates the inflammation in the inner wall of airways. The airways get narrows and secrets more mucus making difficult to breath. It is an immune reaction to the allergens. The airways of some persons are hypersensitiuve to some allergens. In response when they do exposes to those allergens the immune reaction takes place and the inner bronchial wall swell up and smooth muscles around the bronchial tubes contracts. That causes constriction of the bronchial tubes and makes it difficult for smooth air flows.
Symptoms of asthma
- Tightness feeling in chest
- Shortness of breath
- Whistling sound during breathing
Scope of homeopathy treatment
Homeopathic Constitutional treatment helps to offer a long standing cure for the asthmatic patient. Asthma like any other condition can be treated with homeopathy at various levels. Dr Satapathy, M.D.(Hom) has been working on allergy ,asthma, and other many chronic diseases since 1992.He apply the most scientific way homeopathic treatment which offers an immediate relief to the acute asthmatic condition as well as treats constitutionally so gives a long term relief. He is one of the eminent homeopathy doctor who use homeopathic nebulisation of purely homeopathic medicines formulated at Multicare Homeopathy. It gives immediate relief to bronchial spasm of the asthmatic patient.
- During acute asthmatic attack homeopathy medicinal treatment as well as homeopathic nebulization gives relief the tightness of chest by preventing the muscles contraction and makes the airways free to take normal breath
- During the acute attack homeopathic medicines with homeopathic nebulisation also controls the cough associated with asthma.
- The shortness of breath and wheezing sound also gradually decreases by the treatment with nebulization in 1 to 2 days.
- For long term curative approach of treatment it is required to give the constitutional homeopathy treatment. When the hypersensitive immune system of an asthmatic person is improve by the constitutional homeopathy treatment then it does not hyper react to the allergen.
- Homeopathy treatment for asthma can control the allergic condition of the asthmatic patient more rapidly and effectively.
- Homeopathy treatment for asthma is very safe and without any medicinal side effects.