Piles or hemorrhoid is a disease of swollen rectal vein or hemorrhoidal venous plexus. The hemorrhoidal venous plexus surrounds the rectum like pads or cushion. If it bulges or prolapsed then it is called as piles or hemorrhoids. The hemorrhoidal venous plexus present behind the internal anal sphincter.
Causes of piles
The bulging or prolapsed of hemorrhoidal venous plexus occurs when there is rise of pressure around the plexus areas. The pressure build up around the plexus area occur if the intra abdominal pressure rises. The intra abdominal pressure rises if somebody putted more strain while passing stool like in constipation, in hyperacidity and flatulency condition; in enlarged abdomen like in pregnancy .
Grades of piles
First degree– hemorrhoidal venous plexus that do swell up and bleed while straining at stool.
Second degree – hemorrhoidal venous plexus that prolapse with straining, but reduce spontaneously
Third degree – hemorrhoids that remain outside of the anal canal unless manually replaced.
Fourth degree– hemorrhoids that cannot be reduced
- Bleeding from anus after passing a stool
- Itching of anus
- Pains like burning , soreness during and after passing stool.
- A lumps hanging down outside the anus which may need to push back after passing a stool.
Strategy of treatment
- To reduce the intra abdominal pressure
- If there is bleeding , then to control the bleeding
- If there is pain then to relieve pain
- if it large in sizes and bulges out then to reduce its sizes so that not bulge our further
Scope of general treatment
Surgery is generally advised. But there is chance of reoccurance also after surgery if the cause does not rectified or modified.
Scope of homeopathy treatment
- Homeopathy treatment reduces the intra abdominal pressure. There are good medicines that relieve constipation which plays major role in developing piles. The common homeopathy medicines are bryonia, alumina, nux vom, anacardium, lycopodium, platina,
- Homeopathy treatment relieves the pain effectively within a short period of time. The common medicines for piles pain are collinsonia, aesculus, muriatic acid, ratanhia, aconite, capsicum, lachesis etc.
- The bleeding of piles can be stopped in few hours by proper homeopathic medicines. The common medicines are china, carboveg, acid nitric, millefolium, hamammalis, etc .
- The itching condition in piles can be controlled by sulphur, aesculus, aloes, etc
- The large size of the piles which feels by hand can be reduced by suitable homeopathic medicines like sulphur, thuja, calcarea flour, calcarea phos, hamammalis, etc
- Besides the homeopathic treatment it is very important to maintain a healthy life style and healthy food habits.
- The fibers rich diets should be consumed daily. Avoid all sorts of junk foods and fast foods
- Drink plenty of water like 2 to 3 liters daily
- Avoid prolonged sitting posture.
- Avoid late night sleep or night shift job
- Try to keep a balance of your mental stress level.
- Daily physical activities like morning walk, jogging, yoga are must to practice
Piles are lifestyle disorder health problems. If you are maintaining a healthy lifestyle, healthy food habit no chance of occurring piles. Surgery for piles is not the solution to cure it permanently, but one option to manage the symptoms if there is heavy bleeding or in 4th grade where it does not go inside automatically. At the 1st to 3rd stage of piles the homeopathy treatment for piles can mange the symptoms effectively and give a long standing and permanent cure.