Asthma is a very common condition affecting around 2 crores of the population in India and around 33 crores in whole world level. The disability and premature death from asthma is greatest in children from the age group 6-14 and elderly of age72-78 . In asthma the bronchial tubes narrow and this makes it more difficult to breathe. Asthma is triggered by various factors, such as pets dander, pollutions, exposure to smoke, change of weather, emotional factors and other pathogens in the environment. Statistically, asthma correlates with poverty, and is less common in adults than in children – among whom it is the most common chronic ailment.
Causes of asthma
- Allergies – substances that causes allergies are called allergens – the common allergen are like dust mites, pollen, molds, pet dander, rodents etc
- Respiratory infections like common cold, flu, sorethroat also triggers asthma
- Exercises also induces asthma but not in all cases
- Change of weather or exposure to cold weather
- Many medication also triggers asthma
- Emotional factors anger, fear, excitement, laughter, crying also triggers asthma in some cases
- Air pollution like smoke, dust, smog, strong fumes, wood fire
- Many food allergens like milk, peanut, egg also causes asthmatic attack
- Other factors like Hormonal changes during menstrual cycle, reflux disorders also triggers asthma
Pathophysiology of asthma :
The allergen initiates the inflammation in the inner wall of airways. The airways get narrows and secrets more mucus making difficult to breath. It is an immune reaction to the allergens. The airways of some persons are hypersensitiuve to some allergens. In response when they do exposes to those allergens the immune reaction takes place and the inner bronchial wall swell up and smooth muscles around the bronchial tubes contracts. That causes constriction of the bronchial tubes and makes it difficult for smooth air flows.
Symptoms of asthma :
Asthma symptoms vary from person to person. You may have infrequent asthma attacks, have symptoms only at certain times
Asthma signs and symptoms include:
- Tightness feeling in chest
- Shortness of breath
- A wheezing or whistling sound when breathing, especially when exhaling
- Coughing (especially at night)
How natural homeopathic remedies could greatly help you:
Homeopathic Constitutional treatment helps to offer a long standing cure for the asthmatic patient. Asthma like any other condition can be treated with homeopathy at various levels. Dr Satapathy, M.D.(Hom) has been working on allergy ,asthma, and other many chronic diseases since 1992.He apply the most scientific way homeopathic treatment which offers an immediate relief to the acute asthmatic condition as well as treats constitutionally so gives a long term relief. He is one of the eminent homeopathy doctor who use homeopathic nebulisation of purely homeopathic medicines formulated at Multicare Homeopathy. It gives immediate relief to bronchial spasm of the asthmatic patient.
- During acute asthmatic attack homeopathy medicinal treatment as well as homeopathic nebulization gives relief the tightness of chest by preventing the muscles contraction and makes the airways free to take normal breath
- During the acute attack homeopathic medicines with homeopathic nebulisation also controls the cough associated with asthma.
- The shortness of breath and wheezing sound also gradually decreases by the treatment with nebulization in 1 to 2 days.
- For long term curative approach of treatment it is required to give the constitutional homeopathy treatment. When the hypersensitive immune system of an asthmatic person is improve by the constitutional homeopathy treatment then it does not hyper react to the allergen.
- Homeopathy treatment for asthma can control the allergic condition of the asthmatic patient more rapidly and effectively.
- Homeopathy treatment for asthma is very safe and without any medicinal side effects.
Common homeopathic medicines for asthma-
In homeopathy there is no specific medicine for any specific disease including asthma. The medicines are selected as per the detail symptoms of the patient. The collection of symptoms from the patient is important for a homeopath to select the right remedies for the disease. This collection of symptoms is called ‘taking of case history’. A well taken case history can help for a good prescription. The case history in homeopathy is different than allopathy case history. In homeopathy the treatment is given not considering the symptoms of disease part or organ, but the whole symptoms of the patient like of his physical symptoms, diseases symptoms, pathological extension, mental picture, emotional make-up, behavioral pattern etc. So this way of homeopathy treatment helps to treat the patient as a whole and beneficial for treating the cause of the disease at cellular or molecular level. That’s why homeopathy gives a long standing cure to any health problem including asthma. Unlike other system of treatment homeopathy have dual responsibility of diagnosis of disease thereafter diagnosis of the medicines.
It is always advisable not to do self medication without any doctor advise. Though homeopathy medicines for asthma are safe but taking of wrong medicines may worsen the symptoms rather to cure it. So it is highly required to take the treatment from any qualified homeopathic doctor.
Homeopathic medicines give good results in asthmatic condition not only to control the acute symptoms but also give a longstanding cure to the patients. Some common medicines are –
Aconite nap – difficulties breathing, shortness of breath, tightness of chest, exposure dry cold air. Wheezing sound with dry and teasing cough worse at night. Tingling in chest after cough
Ipecacuanha– wheezing sound with constriction of chest. Cough constantly with every breath. Suffocative cough, sneezing with runny nose associated with asthma.
Asthma of allergic origin like exposure to pollen, dust, per danders, cold
ALL-C. Ambr. apis aral. Ars-i. ARS. arum-t. Bad. Carb-v. CARC. chinin-ar. chlor. Dulc. Euphr. IOD. Ip. Kali-i. Lach. linu-u. Lob. Med. Naja naphtin. Nat-s. Nux-v. ol-an. Op. phle. Sabad. sang. sep. Sil. Sin-n. Stict. sul-i. sulph. THUJ. tub.
Asthma with wheezing sounds and shortness of breath
acon. ANT-T. Ars. blatta-a. BLATTA-O. Bry. calad. caps. cupr-act. Erio. eucal. Grin. Ip. kali-i. Lob. nat-s. onis. sabal sulph.
Asthma from allergic exposure, congestion or redness of eyes, more sneezing and runny nose
ALL-C. Ars. Carb-v. Dulc. Euphr. lach. Naja Nat-s. Nux-v. sin-n. stict.
Asthma generally occurs to children
Acon. ambr. ANT-T. ARS. calc. CARC. CHAM. IP. kali-br. kali-c. kali-i. KALI-N. KALI-S. lob. MED. Mosch. NAT-S. nux-v. PHOS. psor. PULS. SAMB. sanic. Sil. stram. sulph. Thuj. TUB. vib.
- Red capital letters for most important medicines for asthma
- Blue italic letters are second most important medicines for asthma
- Green normal letters are general medicines for asthma