The stomach typically secretes Acid that is key in the digestive procedure and aides in separating the nourishment amid absorption. Regularly, there are some defensive instruments against the acid, in the stomach and proximal digestive tract. An irregularity between the defensive instruments and the level of acid discharge can cause corrosiveness or acidity.
The human stomach contains gastric glands that secrets hydrochloric acid which is necessary for the digestion of foods. When the stomach contains an excessive amount of hydrochloric acid, then the condition is called as hyperacidity or acid dyspepsia. The level of acids in the human stomach is generally controlled; but for some reason the level of acids increases beyond the normal levels and results hyperacidity. The stomach is equipped with these acids in order to be able to digest the food. The acids are released when foods enter the stomach. However some foods are difficult to digest than the others. For such foods, the stomach needs to secrete more acids. Continuous secretions of such acids could lead to hyperacidity in the stomach. This excessive production of acids could be made higher due to various factors. Acidity commonly presents as heartburn in the chest or the heart region and dyspepsia.
- Restlessness with constant pain in the stomach
- Nausea, vomiting
- Burning sensation of chest
- loss appetite
- Belching with sour eructation, sour taste in the mouth
- Heaviness of abdomen, abdominal distention
- A sensation of bloating of stomach
- Flatulence and gurgling sounds in stomach
- Bursting headache with nauseated tendency
- Head reeling and dizziness
- Burning in the throat
Acidity can be managed by avoiding the known causative factors. There are
- Prolong use of Non Steroid anti Inflammatory Drugs (NSAID)
- Faulty diet habits – regular taking of rich spices hot foods, fast foods, junk foods
- Intake of fats, sweets, adulterated and fermented food
- Excessive intake of chocolate, tea, coffee
- Always Staying in a mental stress and tensed condition
- Anxiety and depression
- Prolonged insomnia (sleeplessness)
- The pressure packed lifestyle
- Prolonged alcohol consumption
- Excessive Smoking
- Inadequate exercise
- Ulcers in the stomach are one of the commonest causes in increasing acid production.
- Stomach cancer can manifest acidity symptoms
- GERD (Gastro Esophageal Reflux Disorder) is a chronic disease that is characterized by the reflux of gastric contents into the esophagus.
- Zollinger-Ellison syndrome -Zollinger-Ellison syndrome is a disease caused by the overproduction of gastrin. Gastrin is the hormone that stimulates production of gastric juices in the stomach. Overproduction of this hormone will lead to hyperacidity, which in turn, can lead to ulcers in the doudenum and stomach
- Hypercalcemia -Hypercalcemia is the increase of calcium level of the body that can also lead to hyperacidity. It can be caused by various medical conditions such as parathyroid problems, malignant tumors, vitamin D metabolic disorders, and renal failure.
Best Homeopathic Medicines for treating heartburn or acidity.
Acet. ac., Anac., Ant. c., Arg. n., Atrop., Bism., Caffeine, Calc. c., Calc. p., Carbo v., Cham., Chin. ars., Cinch., Con., Grind., Hydr., Ign.,Iris, Lob. infl., Lyc., Mag. c., Mur. ac., Nat. c., Nat. p., Nux v., Orexine tan., Petrol., Phos., Prun. v., Puls., Robin., Sul., Sul. ac.
Scope of Homeopathy medicines for Acidity:
a proper homeopathy treatment for acidity targets to treat the cause of hyperacidity and as well as improves the acidity symptoms very effectively and rapidly than other therapy. The indicated homeopathy medicines can be of great help not only in improving the hyperacidity symptoms but also to cure the disease completely if avoids the trigger factors of hyperacidity with the homeopathy treatment. Homeopathy treats the person as a whole. It means that homeopathic treatment focuses on the patient as a person, as well as his pathological condition. The homeopathic medicines are selected after a full individualizing examination and case-analysis, which includes the medical history of the patient, physical and mental constitution etc. A miasmatic tendency (predisposition/ susceptibility) is also often taken into account for the treatment of any chronic conditions. So in severe acidity case homeopathy treatment not only improves the acidity symptoms but also help in proper digestion, absorption, normal bowel motion and overall health improvement. The patients who have the tendency of excessive gas formation and gurgling of bowel sound can be very well cured with a proper homeopathy treatment. Patients suffering of irregular bowel movement and constipation due to irregular peristaltic movement can be cured completely with proper homeopathy treatment which helps to settle up the normal peristaltic motion. Symptoms of burning chest, belching, sour taste in mouth are the outward reflected symptoms of hyperacidity. With a proper homeopathic treatment those symptoms can be cured.