There are lots of major factors behind the hair fall problem. Let’s take a look at what causes hair fall and rectify those causative factor to control hair loss effectively.
- Hair Fall due to Stress:
- Hair Fall due to Drugs:
- Hair Fall due to Skin disorders:
- Hair Fall due to Aging:
- Hair Fall due to Hormonal problem:
- Hair Fall due to Nutrient Deficiency in Diet:
- Hair Fall due to Hypothyroidism problems:
- Hair Fall due to Birth control pills:
- Hair Fall due to Trichotillomania or Hair Pulling:
- Hair Fall due to Poly-cystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
- Hair Fall due to Alopecia Areata
- Hair Fall due to Scalp Infections
- Hair Fall due to Pregnancy
- Hair Fall due to Hair Styling
- Hair Fall due to Chemotherapy in Cancer Treatment
- Lack of sleep
- Hair Fall due to stress: Physical or mental stress that causes hair fall might be due to emotional or physical stress that can lead to hair fall . It might also be due to personal, economic, and work-related stress. With telogen effluvium, stress may send a number of hair follicles into a resting phase, stopping the hair from growing. Several months later, the hair attached to the affected follicles may start to fall out suddenly, in greater volume than normal. This is possibly the most common type of stress-related hair loss. So, whenever you are working for a longer period and feel stressed out try some simple stress buster technique for hair loss due to stress which will relieve your stress temporarily.
- Avoid Caffeine, Alcohol, and Nicotine.
- Get More Sleep.
- Talk to someone and Belly laugh.
- Manage Your Time
- Learn to Say ‘No’
- some simple stress buster exercises
- Hair Fall due to Drugs: Many drugs that can possibly trigger hair loss. It treats a variety of health conditions, but sometimes it can have unwanted side effects. Certain drugs can contribute to excess hair growth, changes in hair color or texture, or hair loss. Here are some drugs which may cause hair loss – Anti cancer drugs, Epilepsy drugs, anti-acne drugs, Lipid-lowering drugs (clofibrate, bezafibrate), ACE inhibitors for blood pressure, Drugs for treating gout , Anti malarials (chloroquine)
3. Hair Fall due to Skin disorders: Some disorders of the skin, for example psoriasis, tinea infection, lichen planus on scalp may cause hair loss.
- Hair Fall due to Aging: Unfortunately, as we increase with age, By 35, 40% of men have noticeable hair loss, while by 60 ,65% do, our hair follicles can deteriorate and cause hair loss. Also elderly hair tends to be thinner and fine giving more of an appearance of hair loss.
- Hair Fall due to Hormonal: Since hormones both stimulate hair growth and cause hair loss, hormonal changes by far have the biggest impact on hair loss. These can affect both men and women. Men generally have hair loss concentrated in a specific pattern from the front through to the crown. Women tend to have thinning throughout their head without being in any specific pattern. This type of hair loss is caused by the androgen DHT, or Dihydrotestosterone. Since everyone has DHT that is produced by their bodies and only some people suffer from hair loss there has to be another factor involved. This other factor is having follicles that have a greater number of Androgen receptors for the DHT to attach to. This is the component that is inherited through the genes.
6. Hair Fall due to Deficiency in Diet: A balanced diet can give your hair all the nutrients for healthy hair. If your hair has been falling out, thinning, or breaking off at the ends, you might want to take a look at these nutritional deficiencies that cause hair loss.There are some nutritional deficiencies that cause hair loss you might not be aware of.
ZINC: It is one of the most common nutritional deficiencies that cause hair loss in both men and women. Zinc is also responsible for helping you grow new hair. Eat foods like nuts, seeds, oysters, organic eggs, and lentils to get zinc.
PROTEIN: Our hair is made of 90% protein, if your daily diet is lacking in easy-to- digest protein, your hair will suffer. Protein helps generate collagen, which stimulates healthy hair and skin renewal. It also contains amino acids that promote growth and maintenance of your hair. These sources include lentils, chickpeas, beans, spinach, kale, almonds, peas, nuts, hemp and chia seeds, pumpkin seeds, and spirulina.
VITAMIN A: It is one of the best nutrients and the most critical nutrients, for your skin, hair, and nails. The best sources are carrots, sweet potatoes, winter squash, cantaloupe, kale, spinach, collards and include plenty of leafy greens in your diet.
VITAMIN C: Vitamin C is also one of the most nutrients in your diet, not only for your immune system, but also your skin, hair, and nails. Strawberries, blueberries, lemons, limes, raw tomatoes, pineapple, broccoli, cherries, oranges, grapefruit, and leafy greens are all excellent sources.
IRON: Iron is an important nutrient for your hair, iron helps carry oxygen to your cells, including your hair follicles, which is vital for their growth and regeneration. Plant foods like Swiss chard, spirulina, quinoa, chia, cacao, all seaweed, kale, spinach, lentils, and soybeans are all excellent sources of iron.
7. Hair Fall due to Hypothyroidism problems: When the thyroid glands produces either excess amount of thyroid hormones or very less amount of thyroid hormones, it is considered be a thyroid problem. One of the major symptoms for a person suffering from this disorder is severe hair fall, thinning of hair and dry hair.
8. Hair Fall due to Birth control pills: Women who have a genetic predisposition to suffer from Androgenic Alopecia can have it occur at a much younger age by taking birth control pills. The hormonal changes that occur trigger the onset of the Androgenic Alopecia.
9. Trichotillomania or Hair Pulling: Some children and less often adults play with their hair by pulling on it or twisting it. This can be part of a behavioral problem. If the behavior is not stopped permanent hair loss can result from the constant stress on the hair.
10. Hair Fall due to Poly-cystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS): Poly-cystic ovary syndrome is a common endocrine disorders. This disorder is considered to be a common problem for women and it creates hormonal imbalances. PCOS creates fertility problems, irregular periods and severe thinning of hair on the scalp.
11. Hair Fall due to Alopecia Areata : Alopecia areata is one of major hair disorders. In this condition a person suffers from severe hair loss and it creates round patches or bald spots .Hair will be lost from several areas of the scalp
12. Hair Fall due to Scalp Infections : Various scalp related infections can cause severe hair fall. One of the most common scalp infections is ringworm. This is a fungal infection which can be developed on any area of our body. When this infection develops on our scalp, then we will lose patches of hair fall.
13. Hair Fall due to Pregnancy : Most of the women suffer from hair loss during or after their pregnancy due to hormonal imbalance sometimes due to lack of vitamins and other essential minerals required for body.
14. Hair Fall due to Hair Styling: Today, most people will try to experiment with their hair. They try various hair styles, straightening hair, use different hair colors and also use a lot of detergents and chemicals. Due to all these reasons hair becomes dull and dry. Hair loses its shine and slowly causes loss of hair.
15. Hair Fall due to Chemotherapy in Cancer Treatment: A person suffering from cancer have to undergo chemotherapy. Due to this therapy the person will tend to lose his/her hair
16. Lack of sleep: The sleep disturbances causes’ digestive problem like hyperacidity, improper digestion and absorption, lethargic feeling on the next day following sleepless night. Those above factor result from sleeplessness contribute a major factor in hindrance of proper digestion and absorption of essential nutrient that helpful for healthy hair growing.
Hair fall treatment is directly related to its cause. A healthy hair will be grown from a healthy hair follicle. So in regards to treatment of hair fall or alopecia the treatment that treats the causative factors can able to give a long term and established treatment. A proper homeopathy treatment is always proved to most beneficial for the treatment of all type of hair loss as homeopathy treats the root cause of any health disorders. Hair fall result from any stress factor can be well treated by homeopathy treatment.